The Parkinson’s Action Network (PAN) is a Washington, DC based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization of 12 staff members and thousands of grassroots advocates dedicated to finding better treatments and a cure for Parkinson’s disease through public policy advocacy.
PAN serves as the unified voice of the Parkinson’s community on all public policy issues, representing clinicians, patients, researchers, and all national organizations including The Michael J. Fox Foundation, the Davis Phinney Foundation, the National Parkinson Foundation, the Parkinson’s Disease Foundation, and the Parkinson Alliance.
PAN seeks an experienced Development Manager to support its robust fundraising efforts. This is an exciting growth opportunity for a mid-level development professional to bring his/her expertise to a fast-paced environment.
This position reports to the Development Director.
- Lead a large volunteer community in their fundraising efforts;
- Steward and solicit gifts at $999 and below;
- Assist the Director of Development and volunteers in the stewardship of major/monthly donors and planned givers;
- Support PAN events, including an annual awards dinner and a grassroots multi-day meeting;
- Maintain the database; and
- Prospect and solicit foundations.
- At least four years of progressive fundraising/development responsibility with proven success;
- Highly motivated, creative, organized, and capable self-starter;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment;
- Database experience (Raisers Edge very desirable); and a
- Bachelor’s degree.
How to apply:
- Cover letter that includes a paragraph detailing a successful development effort
- Current salary
Send this package electronically to [email protected] and please put in the subject line Development Manager Search Committee.
Benefits to working at PAN include:
- Competitive salary;
- Outstanding benefits; and
- Vibrant downtown location.
No phone calls, please.